4 weeks beginning Wednesday, October 26th at 12:00 pm CT
Fundraising appeals are an essential tool for any nonprofit. Whether it’s a general ask for donations or a specific ask tied to a campaign or event, your appeal must grab the reader and create a compelling argument for making a donation now.
In this four-week workshop, we’ll talk about how to craft a compelling fundraising appeal from opening to closing. Each week, you’ll attend a one-hour small group webinar to learn about a particular section of the appeal. You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, test ideas, and learn from your peers. Then, you’ll be tasked with strategically crafting your appeal and submitting it for individual feedback. By the end of the four weeks, you’ll have a finished draft of your appeal, a communications plan for your fundraising efforts, and a solid understanding of how to craft a compelling letter of appeal!
Here’s what you’ll get:
- 4 one-hour webinars on crafting compelling fundraising appeals
- Office hours each week with the instructor
- Templates for crafting your fundraising appeal
- Personal feedback on your draft appeal
- Personal attention and the opportunity to ask questions
- A community of others to learn with and from!
Here’s what’s in store:
- Week 1 – Being Strategic: Planning for Success
- Defining your goals
- Identifying and segmenting your audiences
- Creating strategies for each audience
- Determining your ask of each audience
- Week 2 – Knowing What To Say: Developing Your Message
- Identifying the shared value
- Defining the core message
- Framing the message for each audience
- Using a message box to outline your letter
- Week 3 – Crafting Your Appeal: Drafting The Letter
- Structuring your letter
- Developing your opening
- Articulating the impact and benefits
- Making a clear ask
- Week 4 – Putting It Into Practice: Tips, Tricks, & Feedback
- Editing your letter
- Using personalization and visual appeal
- How to deliver your letter or email
- Following up and following through
Normally, a four-week course like this would cost $1,200:
- 4 webinars = $300
- 4 office hours with the instructor = $400
- Weekly feedback on your work = $400
- Templates for each step in the process = $100
But if you sign up by Monday, October 24, the cost is just $299! That’s a 75% discount!!
Webinars will take place on Wednesdays at 12:00 pm Central Time via Zoom. If you are unable to attend, a recording of the webinar will be available for viewing later the same day. Between webinars, you will have assignments to submit for feedback from the instructor, and office hours where you can ask the instructor additional questions.
Workshop size is limited (to ensure personal attention) so sign up today!